Whether your roof has finally sprung one too many leaks, you want to invest in your property or it is just time for a change, embarking on the process of new roof installation in Agoura Hills, CA is always an exciting prospect. But have you decided on a material and style for your new roof? Many homeowners will simply choose to keep the existing style for lack of a better idea, but the truth is that there are some exciting new trends in roofing these days. Here is a closer look at five of our favorite trends in new roof installation in Agoura Hills, CA:
- Sustainability: Sustainability has been a buzz word for a few years now, but in roofing, it is much more than that—it is a very real way to save money, help the environment and invest in the resale value of your home. Innovations in sustainable design, environmentally responsible building practices and eco-friendly materials all make having a sustainable roof easier than ever. You’ll be happy with your choice as soon as you see your first utility bill.
- Reflective roofs: It can get pretty hot down here in the Los Angeles area, and most homeowners are looking for anything that helps them to stay cool without spending too much money. Although darker roofs are typically the norm, lightweight materials such as latex, silicone, acrylic and even polyurethane can all make great reflective coatings, ensuring that your roof—and home—stay nice and cool all summer long.
- Lighter shades: As mentioned above, darker shades tend to be the norm in roof construction. But if you want to give your house a lighter, more stylish look, you might consider using materials that come in lighter shades, such as white, beige, grays and even light blues. In addition to giving your house a fresh image, it will also work like a reflective roof in that it will keep your home cooler on hot days.
- Going flat: Another roofing tradition that is being broken once again is the idea that residential roofs have to take on a triangular shape. If you are familiar with midcentury modern design, then you likely know that period was all about simplicity and clean lines, which often meant flat roofs. Whether your house is a true midcentury modern or you want to give it that appearance, putting in a flat roof is a great way to give your house vintage appeal and a modern twist.
- Recycled shingles: Finally, if you are looking for extra ways to be sustainable but still covet the traditional residential roof look, opt for the best of both worlds by using recycled shingles for your roof. Most roof contractors will be happy to work with you to make this happen during new roof installation in Agoura Hills, CA.
Whatever trends or styles you are thinking about for your new roof, we will be happy to accommodate them at Conejo Valley Roofing. Call us today to schedule a consultation!