This is a good time of the year for roofing repairs or replacement. You can also take this opportunity to add new features as part of your residential roofing project. Here are six additions to consider when investing in new or restored residential roofing in Thousand Oaks, CA:
- Gutter protection: If you hate cleaning gutters, add extra protection. These systems keep out most of the debris so you have less to clean out and do not have to perform that chore as frequently. You will also enjoy the better water control, which reduces the accumulation of debris. There are many styles and colors to choose from, so you should be able to find the perfect match for your roofing style.
- Gutter replacement: It is more than possible that you require much more gutter protection. Gutters wear out and start to look bad, which can detract from your shiny new roof. Upgrade to attractive varieties that are lower maintenance, and you will not regret your decision. Consider this a two-in-one upgrade that will make home maintenance easier and make your house look much better.
- Chimney caps: Whether you are running your heater or air conditioner, chimneys provide an easy escape. Rather than cool or heat your house, you will have a giant leak that makes your HVAC system work harder and your utility bills go higher. Chimneys are also threatened by bird nests and small animal invasion, so adding a cap keeps the heat or cooling in and the critters out. At the same time, if you decide to use your chimney for its intended purpose, the smoke will still be able to escape and not build up inside your home.
- New ventilation: Heat rises, and if it has no other place to go, it will linger in your attic. This can cause condensation that leads to mold growth. Since many mold and mildew problems begin in your attic, roof ventilation is essential for controlling it. It will allow hot air to escape and reduce mold and mildew possibilities. Installation also reduces the demand on air conditioning, which works harder when hot air builds up. Many customers also remark that the upper floors of their homes are much more comfortable.
- Energy efficient shingles: There are many options for energy efficiency in your roof. Tile is naturally efficient, but new reflective shingles prevent sunlight from heating up your home. These varieties are available in many colors and textures, which is a significant change from when energy efficient roofing meant ugly roofing. You will find something that matches your home and offers aesthetic value along with reduced power costs.
- New skylights: If a particular room in your home always seemed like a strong candidate for a skylight, roof replacement is a good time to install one. Elements for stable skylights are easily installed once your old roofing is removed and allows access for all workers. If you have older skylights that need replacement, doing that along with a new roof is also very convenient.
Conejo Valley Roofing is your dedicated contractor for residential roofing in Thousand Oaks, CA. Call us today if you require work on your roof.